"We Love Andrea" was created to update Andrea's friends as she went through a difficult journey. After her second heart transplant when her pulse began to speed up she was given a pacemaker, then a Heart Mate II or LVAD. She was in the Stollery Children's Hospital, then the Mazankowski heart unit in Edmonton, Alberta for 7 months. However, she peacefully died on May 11, 2011 when the rest of her heart and other organs could handle the strain no longer. If you come to this blog, pray for her family and friends, remember to tell your friends you love them, then sign your organ donor card.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I can't wait...

This weekend, hanging out some with Andrea's cousins and hearing stories about her, I thought of about a thousand things and I think "I can't wait to tell Andrea that!" and then the next minute it hits me... She isn't waiting at the hospital for a rambling email from me, or a phone call, or a visit. She's in heaven... It made me sad every time, until I had this great thought! What if, as she's running around heaven, visiting with my grandparents and aunt and other friends who have died, she keeps thinking "I can't wait till Nebs gets here and I can tell her about this!" It's gonna be a grand old discussion when we are reunited if we're both storing things up to tell each other!

1 comment: