"We Love Andrea" was created to update Andrea's friends as she went through a difficult journey. After her second heart transplant when her pulse began to speed up she was given a pacemaker, then a Heart Mate II or LVAD. She was in the Stollery Children's Hospital, then the Mazankowski heart unit in Edmonton, Alberta for 7 months. However, she peacefully died on May 11, 2011 when the rest of her heart and other organs could handle the strain no longer. If you come to this blog, pray for her family and friends, remember to tell your friends you love them, then sign your organ donor card.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

More Memories Received

Thanks to all of you who have sent in more memories. Fay asks me often if I've got more and I love it when I can tell her that, yes, more have come in! Because the page is getting so long, I'm starting to put any new memories at the top so they're easier for you to see. (I'm out of people to beg for more, if you know of anyone, tell them to email them to memories.of.andrea@gmail.com. If they aren't typists or don't have email, email me and ask for my fax number or address, I don't want to publicly post them but I will share them via email.)
Oh, and I got that thing we were raising money for but Maynards are off on a trip so I haven't got it to them yet. It's even more beautiful in real life! The extra money I donated to the Ronald McDonald House Edmonton as that was Maynards' wish for any memorial donations.

No comments:

Post a Comment