"We Love Andrea" was created to update Andrea's friends as she went through a difficult journey. After her second heart transplant when her pulse began to speed up she was given a pacemaker, then a Heart Mate II or LVAD. She was in the Stollery Children's Hospital, then the Mazankowski heart unit in Edmonton, Alberta for 7 months. However, she peacefully died on May 11, 2011 when the rest of her heart and other organs could handle the strain no longer. If you come to this blog, pray for her family and friends, remember to tell your friends you love them, then sign your organ donor card.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"Okay Day"

Andrea had an okay day, when we got to her room shortly after 8 AM she was sitting up in the Stryker chair again.  The chair is not very padded and she has lost so much muscle mass that it is very hard for her to sit up too long, tomorrow they want to give her some form of padding on the chair.  The intensivist thinks that she can be transferred to the ward tomorrow, those who are maybe a bit more involved in her daily care think she needs to get stronger yet before she can be moved.  We tend to agree that it is too early to move her out yet, she might end up in CVICU again if she is not ready to move out yet.  She might have her drainage tube removed tomorrow, nothing drained out today, probably after an xray in the morning they will decide on that.  She sat up in her chair for almost 2 hours in the morning and in the afternoon it was for an hour again.  She is having hemodialysis every other day now so today she had another session of 4 hours, so altogether she had a busy day, and did not sleep as much today.
 
Thanks, Maynard
 
PS Thanks for the direct emails to her room, she really appreciates them, she got nine today.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea and Maynard
    So glad to hear you had a very eventful day. The weather is supposed to warm up now and maybe no more snow. I am so impressed by your strength and the dedication that Maynard has to your care. This is the first blog I have commented to so I am not sure if they are getting thru or not. I guess I feel that you do not have know someone to show that you are rooting for them. It is important enough just to know of them. I don't know you but thru Maynard's writings your strength is shown. I can only imagine that sometimes it is hard to be strong and show to the outside world that you are when inside maybe you want to say hey I am feeling weak today stand by me and carry me for a bit. When I went thru a crisis someone gave me that verse that about footprints in the sand and the reason there were none were because God carried me during my time in need. I am spiritual not really what you would call dedicated to any one religion. But this verse really made me stop and think that hey even during our darkest hours someone is there to give us unconditional support and love.
    Anyway hope you have a good sleep to night. My little bichon has the flu (who knew a dog could have the flu but I guess they do) so I will still be up for a bit to make sure he eats a bit. Take care Andrea and Maynard and talk to you tomorrow.
    maxwell

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Maxwell. yes, Maynards have been getting your comments. I don't publish every comment, but I do forward many of them to Maynard and Faye.

    ReplyDelete